The surgery will ask you to complete a Temporary services form GMS3 (PDF, 81kb).
You can register as a temporary resident if you plan to live near the Practice for up to three months.
After three months you will have to apply to register with the Practice as a permanent resident if
Your temporary GP will pass details of any treatment you have to your GP, who will add the information to your medical records.
What information do I need?
Try to have the following information with you when you see your temporary GP for the first time:
- details of any medical conditions you have
- details of medical conditions you’ve had in the past
- the name of any medicines you’re currently taking
- details of anything you’re allergic to
- contact details for your permanent or previous GP
- NHS number