The doctors and other healthcare professional looking after you keep records about your health and any treatment you receive either privately or via the NHS. Most of the information is held on our computer system but a some information is also held in patient manual records eg. insurance reports, hospital letters.
The records include
- Your full name, DOB & address
- Results of any investigations
- Reports from outside agencies
- Information from other healthcare profressionals who care for you.
Everyone working in the NHS has a legal obligation to keep information about you confidential.
- We will not disclose any information about you to a third party without your consent
- We will only disclose information about you with other healthcare professionals involved in your care and when there is a genuine need eg hospital consultant.
- We are legally obliged to report certain information to the appropiate authorities on certain occasions these are:-
When a formal court order has been issued
Notificiations of a new birth
An infectious disease such as measles which may endanger other
member of the public.
All of the above information is given with the permission of your doctor or health care professional.
Accessing your Medical records
If you wish to see your medical record please contact the Practice Manager Mrs Andrea Catterall who will arrange a suitable time for you to come and view the reords.